Saturday, March 7, 2009

Out with Old and in with the New


Well I finally broke down and bought a new pair of glasses. My old ones were ridiculously scratched and were missing parts. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner but it's nice to be able to see again.

On another note. I had two friends over today to talk cameras and take a few instructional pictures. I'm sure I fully confused them and over loaded them with information. Remember ladies "learn a ton, take one" or other words try to apply one thing we talked about.
We also talked about getting together once a month and going out to take pictures and try new things (kind of like a Photography Club but less geeky if that's possible).

here is a setup shot of how I did the above photo for those that might be interested.



Black polar fleece on a box with a piece of glass under the glasses for the reflection

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I heard it was a great time - I am sorry I missed it.. I have bruises to show I was heavily involved in other things :(
Can't wait to see the new glasses. Nothing like putting on a non-scratched pair to make you feel like new again!

Kathy T. said...

Hey there,

Thanks for all the info - I'm hoping I can remember everything until my camera comes - (but since I forgot I have 4 kids today - no promises!)

Joanne said...

I learned alot and THANK YOU for enduring my endless questions. I will undoubtably ask you again and again until it is embedded in my brain. That's neat how you took the pics' of your glasses. I'm learning alot oh master gilmour!!!