Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy New Year

What's a better way to start the new year off then to have a new addition to the family?
Desiree was informed by her doctor in Lethbridge that she would have a planned cesarean and was given the choice of the 30th, 31st of December or the 1st or 5th of January. Since her due date was the 7th and we didn’t want to cut it too close and run the chance of going in to natural labor and rupturing her uterus we choose the 1st.



We arrived on in Lethbridge on the 31st and Des filled out the necessary paperwork and prepared to get up in the morning and meet our new addition the following day. We took the time to take one last photo of Des while she was pregnant (I have taken a photo of her once a month through out her pregnancy) We got up the next morning and drove to the hospital for our 7:30am appointment and learned that we were the 10th admission in the last 24 hours. The delivery suite was packed and needless to say we were processed and pushed out of the prep room and into the OR within an hour. At 9:02am Sarah Lee Gilmour was born and she was mad! Des was happy to see her new baby and I never let her out of my sight.




The following days were filled with visiting, sleeping, feeding, sleeping, changing diapers, sleeping, taking pictures and... sleeping.
Rachel just loves her little sister and is constantly saying:
"I want to see her"
"let me hold her"
"I want to kiss her"
"I love her"
"that's my sister"




Ben is just taking it in strides because he is an "experienced" big brother
We returned home to Brooks on the 4th and had a few days together before I went to work and left Des and the kids in the capable hands of grandma.






We would like to thank all those who have already called and come by the home to congratulate us and to see Sarah.



Happy New Year and best wishes to everyone.

5 comments:

Kimara said...

Beautiful baby Des! Congrats. It sounds like they got you in fast. I am glad you didn't have to wait around all day. I can't wait to meet her. She looks like Ben to me what do you think? What awesome pictures Richard!

Kristen said...

That head just kills me! She is SO TINY...I love it :) I'm am so excited to meet here. Congratulations you guys. I'm glad that everything went well. YAY!

Kristen said...

Oh Des, you sicken me by looking so stinkin good right before you have a baby! Pregnancy sure agreed with you ;)

Nancy said...

beautiful baby! congrats you guys, she's gorgeous!

The Gilmours said...

She is a sweet little girl. God made babies so darn cute, u just can't help but love em!
I'm feeling much better that I've lost several pounds. As far as prego pics go...a smile and makeup and photoshope go a long way! I'm happy to have my little girl!
Thanks for all your well wishes!
Love you guys!!!!