Monday, January 26, 2009

Memory Monday


Let's just start from the beginning shall we
Des and I met in Lethbridge at college. I noticed her from a distance while we were both at a Welcome week activity through the institute program. We were later introduced but I quickly forgot her name because i have a sieve for a brain and I also thought she had a boyfriend (my first mistake of many I assure you). To make a long story painful, we spent the next 4 months saying Hi to each other in the halls at school. She would say "Hi Rich" and I would say "Hey... how ya doin?" Each time I would tell my self "you've really got to get her name before it gets too late." well... it got too late and it would have turned out really bad for me it I fessed up and told her the truth. So I devised what I thought was a masterful plan. I asked her what her last name was and got her first name from a few reliable sources (I know it's lame But it was the best I could do at the time so cut me some slack). With her name fresh in my mind and locked in never to be forgotten I finally asked her out and we started dating. Once we became more serious she told me one day "I guess I should break up with my boyfriend." In Des' defence The guy lived in Utah and everyone knows that long distance relationships blah blah blah, Sorry buddy but she's mine now (at least that's what i wanted to say to the guy).
Fast forward a few months. Des informed me one day that she is planning on going to Utah to stay with her grandparents and to do a field placement for school during the summer. Determined not to let her go too easily I contacted some family down there and arranged to help my uncle build a cabin at Bear Lake for the summer.
By the end of the summer of 1999 Des and I had been engaged and unengaged and I found my self driving home to Canada alone
But that's another memory for another week

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Okay first off, LOVE your idea about the memory monday and so on. Smartie pants! I'm going to have to come up with a theme or two myself :) ALso, love your story about you and Des. SO like a guy to forget her name. At least you played it cool. I'm looking forward to reading more from you. This is fun! You guys look so cute in those pics. Hee Hee!