Monday, February 9, 2009

Memory Monday

Life goes by too quickly. Today I was reflecting on the past 29 years (research shows that people aren’t able remember/recall the first 2-3 years of their life) and I was thinking of the little things that were high lights for me. Here are few of my favourites:

- Waking up one morning when I was 3 or 4 and asking my mom where my brother and sister were and having her tell me they were at school. I then groaned and said “I want to go to school”
- Nap time
- Getting an “A’ in sandbox at preschool
- Hot dog day in grade 4
- The original Transformers
- Going sledding in BC as a kid
- Traveling down to Utah with my family. My parents would leave late at night and get there in the morning so we would sleep. For years I thought my grandparents lived on the other side of the mountain from us.
- Thinking My house was so far from my elementary school but later realizing when I returned as an adult that it was only a block away
- Going to my grandparents’ cabin at Cultus Lake in BC and thinking there were sharks in the water. I would jump off the dock and swim to the ladder as fast as I could.
- Getting Baptized and felling the hands of my father on my head as he confirmed me
- Going bowling with some of my dad’s special needs clients
- Playing basket ball with my friends 5 days a week
- Having my High School across the street from Safeway and having 1 litre of chocolate milk and 3 donuts for lunch every day.
- Being able to have 1 litter of chocolate milk and 3 donuts everyday for lunch and not gain any weight
- Serving my mission in the Canada Toronto West Mission and having all the members give me special treatment because I was a fellow Canuck.
- Giving blessings to people and seeing the hand of the Lord touch them and heal them
- The nerves of going on my first date with Des
- The Summer of 1999 in Utah with Des
- Buying my first 35mm SLR Camera
- Staying up until 2:00AM building a model car for Des for one of her class projects
- Moving Des up to Edmonton one month before our wedding date and leaving her there with out her knowing anyone or how to get around.
- Running out of fuel by myself in Des’ dads truck on the way back from moving her to Edmonton
- Getting to the temple on time on our wedding date and thinking Des had changed her mind because she was a half hour late (she had forgotten something and had to back to get it)
- Holding Ben/Rachel/Sarah for the first time
- Buying our first home
- Watching Ben get on the school bus for the first time and drive away to school
- The quiet time just after all the kids are asleep and it’s just Des and I

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love memories. I was just writing in my journal about how good it is to look back at the good things and being able to gloss over the not so good things.