Sunday, February 8, 2009

Top Secret Mission


I taught Sunday school the for the second week in a row today. I'm not much of a public speaker and I feel that I stumble over my words at times. However, I think I made it through aright.

I wanted to share an experience that I had this morning as I was eating my breakfast. At 6:30AM Ben woke up and and asked me if it was Sunday. normally the answer to this question results in him saying something like "Sunday? I hate Sunday. I don't want to wear my church clothes today!" but instead Ben just shrugged and went up to use the bathroom. When he returned he saw an envelop addressed to him that said TOP SECRET on it (in our Primary there is a child selected each week to be the top secret reverence child who sets the example for the other children). Ben saw this and smiled and went down to his room and started to get dressed in his Sunday clothes. Keep in mind this is at 6:30 in the morning and Ben usually doesn't like putting his church clothes on.

As Des would say, "if it ain't broke don't break it"



I guess from now on Ben will always have to be on a top secret mission so we can get him to be reverent or at least dressed on time with out a fight.
I'm glad that the Primary came up with this idea.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

That is a cute idea! I have a Sunday hater too...what is that? I LOVED primary when I was little.

kimearl said...

Hmmm.... Maybe I will have to try that next week, only it will be my little secret. I have the same problem with a certain little boy too!

Kimara said...

I think that is soooo cute! I am glad that he wanted to come and be the reverance child. It was so funny when primary was over he came and whispered in my ear that it was him! Next week he is it again so lets hope next week goes as good!

Joanne said...

ohhhh we won't be there next week otherwise I could have let it "slip" to them who it is!! You did a great lesson btw!

The Gilmours said...

I think that Ben understands what reverent means...we stayed at the Church for a bit after the meetings ended and I learned that he wasn't behaving himself in the hallways. When I saw him I told him he wasn't being reverent. He was sooo upset about that. Then he told me "you could have just told me not to run in the hallways." lol. It's easy to laugh about it now! Des