Monday, February 2, 2009

Spiritual Promptings Sunday

I know, I know, it's not Sunday But with every thing that was going on yesterday I thought I might get away with it this one time.
Yesterday at church I blessed Sarah and I can't tell you how nice that was. it's interesting how peaceful you can feel as you give a baby blessing. it was really nice to have members of Des' and my family there to share in that moment.

After Sacrament meeting I taught the Gospel Doctrine class and the topic was preparing to receive revelation. I thinkthis topic was perfect considering the events of the meeting before hand. I could feel during the blessing that I wanted to say certain things that I wanted for Sarah and her life. I thinking about those things but the words that came from my mouth were different. It was as though my mind and mouth were detached from each other. I truly opened my mouth and the Lord filled it.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

#1. You taught a GREAT lesson - I really enjoyed listening to you teach.
#2. I had the pleasure of listening to both your mom and Dez's mom in Relief Society offering comments here and there and I think you guys have some pretty amazing mom's!!!

Kathy T. said...

What a fantastic pic' of Sara!!! She looks so beautiful in her little outfit!

Congrats - again!

Kimara said...

Sara is so beautiful. I loved getting to hold her on Sunday.

Joanne said...

that is the most beautiful picture. wow, and cute subject too!