Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wellness Wednesday

As you all know I love photography. No surprises there. I use photography as therapy (there is an actual form of therapy called Phototherapy). I use it to relax, process my thoughts/feelings and express myself. I just love to look at old images and imagine the life of the photo. Where was it taken, who took it and why was it taken.


This evening I decided to make my own "weathered" photo from one that took a while back of the large trees by Wal Mart. It was a foggy winter morning and I positioned myself so all of the trees were lined up and looked like they were one huge mass. here is the original image:




And here is my final image after a 5 minutes of working on it


Here is another version without the torn edges. which one do like better? (I kind of like the last one)


I hope that the City never cuts down these trees. It would be a real shame if they ever did.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

that is the coolest thing I've seen! That would be neat to print it out and frame it somewhere BIG in your house!

Stephanie said...

LOVE IT!
Ummm if you ever need therapy you can come to the Wissler's house and shoot us!
Well.. you know what I mean :S